March ResolutionsSunday, March 03, 2013
Can you believe that March is already here? Also, can you believe that we are nearly a quarter of the way through 2013? Absolute madness, I do declare. February came and went in what seemed like an instant. I'm impatiently waiting for the beginning of spring. It was quite anticlimactic to don my strappy sandals last Sunday only to have a blizzard & 20 inches of snow dash all of my springtime dreams. I actually was forced to spend 2 days home from work because the driving conditions were unsafe/impossible. I'm desperate for a nice sunny day and a picnic at the park down the street from my apartment.
The beginning of a brand new month is like a fresh canvas. It's a chance to start over and to evaluate the things that just didn't work out during the previous month. It's also the perfect time to create a list of goals & resolutions for the month. For me, it's an excuse to re-organize my handbag, clean out my office & apartment, and bust out my Filofax in order to compile some to-do & goal lists for the month.
My Goals & Resolutions for March:
- Get more active: I finally broke down and signed up for a grown up gym membership. I absolutely hate the gym at our apartment unit and have been avoiding my normal workouts. I'm excited to get back into my routine workouts. I always feel more energetic & motivated when I workout on a regular basis. I'm not one of those people who work out 7 days per week, but I do enjoy being more active & getting in some cardio.
- Organize my closet and storage unit: It's time to start spring cleaning around my apartment. My closet has become a very scary place over the last few months and it's time to re-organize and clean out all of the unwanted clothing & items.
- Learn & master some new crochet projects & stitches: I have been collecting some adorable crochet projects on pinterest for a few weeks. I also bought some colorful yarn at the craft store a few days ago so I could start working on some of those projects during the month.
- Finish my to-do list for all of my wedding details for the month: I have about a zillions things to get done this month for my wedding in May. I have a list of diy projects that I need to complete this month in order to stay on schedule.
- Cook more often: I have always wanted to be one of those super organized people who plan out their menus for the week and prepare all of their lunches in colorful tupperware. I went to the store last night and filled up my kitchen with a plethora of delicious food. I also bought a dry erase calendar to put on my fridge & plan out my meals for the week.
Little Goals for March:
Spend more time with my family, read 5 of the books on my reading list, take George to the dog park every weekend, re-decorate my guest bedroom, laugh out loud more often, bake cupcakes for my office, take pictures with my camera every day, and remind the people in my life how special they are to me
Lots of warm wishes & positive thoughts,